Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Something stirring inside

I want to be an apprentice of Jesus. I want you to see Jesus working in and through my life in a way that screams transformation. I want, by this time next year, for you to come up to me and say, "You know what Craig? You are more like Jesus this year then you were last year! I want to live my life in such a way that you say… “I want what he’s got. Not because I’m personally great or skilled or talented or charming” (I’m none of those things! I’m as messed up, broken, lukewarm as all of you.) But I want to live in such a way that you say “Jesus has taken this man, with all of his mess, his brokenness is lukewarm-ness and the Lord’s grace has just completely outshone all of that. Craig is more like Jesus now than he’s ever been" I have a sense in which I’m finally realising that this is my primary vocation. If you'd asked me before I would have said ‘yep that’s what it’s about’, but to be honest, I would have said it say because I have read it in a book somewhere. But now. I’m finally opening myself up to Jesus, and listening and praying about how this can be a flesh and blood reality to live by. Walk with me as I hammer it out. Maybe we can journey with this together.

No comments: