Monday, November 07, 2011

I want to know it...


The resurrection of Jesus was an event like no other.

I’ve read books about it.

I’ve read the key texts on it.

Still, I don’t quite get it.

It’s not that I don’t believe that it happened (I do), but that I know I still haven’t really taken on board its significance.

If I grasped its importance, I mean really grasped it, I would stop simply reading up about it and allow its truth to wash over me, to change me, make me more generous, kind and loving, more tolerant of others, less likely to shoot my mouth off when things don’t go right, more confident and trusting in my living Lord.

Do you ever feel like this?

Do you want to grasp the truth of the resurrection more fully?

What’s stopping us?

Fear? Pride? Busyness? Doubts?

If it really is that important, if it really is the central reason that the New Testament was even written in the first place, if it really is ground-zero for God’s new creation being unleashed upon his world then you and I need to rediscover the power of the resurrection once more. And here’s the thing…

We don’t need to wait until the fear, the pride, the busyness or even the doubts subside. Resurrection cuts through all of that if we let it.

So may you and I rediscover the power of Jesus’ resurrection once again.
May we breathe in its strength and sheer magnitude
May we be filled to the brim with its life-giving power.

May you know the resurrection, not just in books but working in and through your life .

No comments: