Sunday, May 15, 2011

Stoneycroft

Oh man, so we went to visit Liverpool Stoneycroft corps today, which is the church that Gemma and I will be helping to lead in about three weeks.

I was blown away

Have you ever had one of those experiences when you're in church and simply 'know' that God is there? Or when you just know that what is going on around you is nothing other than a God-honouring moment?

This was one of those moments.

It wasn't the size of the church community, it wasn't the sung worship, it wasn't the bible teaching, it was the warmth of the people that got to me. People simply love each other. They love God, they love each other.

Isn't that what this is all about.

Isn't all else secondary?

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind soul, strength and love your neighbour. (Matthew 22)

I certainly haven't cracked this, but I saw a glimpse of another world today. This stuff actually does work.

2 comments:

Naomi Ruth said...

That's fantastic, Craig. I know exactly what you mean too. I visited St. Aiden's in Speke on Monday and the work that is being done in a very humble setting - basically, their church is a shop - blew me away. I'll have to tell you and Gemma about it when I next see you. It would be great to hear more about Stoneycroft Corps too.

Craig said...

Hi Naomi,
Thanks for posting :)Look forward to hearing your story! It's amazing the way God works - Its the way of the mustard seed, almost invisible and then springing up here and there.
Love it :)