Sunday, May 08, 2011

New Beginnings

I want to lose myself in God. Actually, unequivocally, unashamedly losing myself in the King of Kings, being so saturated by his love, grace and peace that I am transformed into a mighty prophet, a humble servant, an authentic disciple and fully-fledged human being.

We're going to be starting a new ministry in June and I grow more convinced that only when we surrender every ounce of our being to the Holy Spirit, will we truly be able to capture His vision for His world.

I'm becoming less interested in searching for that ultimate model or method of 'church' and far more interested into exploring what the actual need of the community we live in is. Where is God already working? How can we join in? How can we inspire, equip and energise people to realise that they are missionaries wherever they are? How can we authentically demonstrate what it means to be a Spirit-led, anointed and loving community of God's people?

My initial hunch is we are going to need to do a lot of praying. A lot of Bible. A lot of listening. A lot of walking. A lot of reading.

I'll let you know how we get on.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

Great to see you're blogging again, Craig.

J