Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas fear






'Twas 5 days before Christmas and all about the house
Were piles of presents wrapped up by Dad's spouse.
Though seemingly not long til Christmas would come,
Craig wasn't in the mood and just sat on his bum.'

Am I the only one who doesn't feel like the stench of Christmas is upon us? It just doesn't feel very festive at the moment. I don't know if that's because I haven't particularly had much to do with carolling or christmas parties this year. Maybe thats what is.

To be honest I just want to get it over with now and get back to doing some productive stuff. Not that I am overlooking the christian meaning to it all, but it has thankfully been quite easy not to get trapped in the commercial distortion of what this festival now means. We've turned Christmas from a pagan festival into a celebration of the incarnation, back into a time where we worship the gods of money and possessions... Christmas is largely now about 'buying things'

I want to pray for all those silly people who will rack up stupid amounts of debts because of over-spending on present buying, I want to think about all those poor pets who will be the pride of xmas for some kids and then a few days later either kicked about or abandoned in a garbage heap. I want to pray for those homeless people hanging round near fairfield halls who would be happy with a roast pidgeon, let alone a turkey. I want to say sorry for my lack of input into making anyone's time over the next few weeks at least a bit happier. I want to say sorry for how we as a nation spend too much time on our Playstation Portables then being 'Portable PRAYstations' For everyone who will experience Christmas fear rather than Christmas cheer.
Have mercy Father

No comments: