Friday, September 02, 2005

September (why isn't it Heptember?)

It was my sister (and about 10 other people I know)'s birthday yesterday. I hope she had a great time. I remember what it's like to be 19... it's scary being in the last year of teenagedom, especially as when you thought 18 was when you've finally grown up and now you realise you still haven't! We're going out for a meal tonight to celebrate, so that should be cool as it definitely beats microwave meals...
I had a meeting with Mark and Linda yesterday about what's happening in September, and I'm really happy to say that things are getting underway. Will be expecting some emails soon to confirm whats going on exactly. So good times!
Oh man I also had the best find of all finds today, when I was looking through my album collection and found 'Parachutes' by Coldplay! yessss! I can't believe I didn't realise I had it! I think I bought it a few years ago at HMV for one of those buy 3 for £19.99 deals... Anyway you can guess what I'm listening to right now then! Oh and Joel, if you're reading this, I've visited Play.com (£7.99) LOL.
Oh yeah, and I've finally written my 2nd song. It's called 'Beautiful Way' and it's about a person who's travelled the world, seen what a mess it's in and wants to invite their friend to help clean it up with them. It's about being optimistic, because despite the stupid amount of crappy stuff that goes on, we still have a beautiful world and WE can make a difference if we get off our backsides. I might post the lyrics if I feel brave enough. Need to find a band to play it with now!

2 comments:

eyes only said...

It was my sister´s birthday too yesterday :o)

Joel said...

lmbo - why pay £7.99 when you can get it for much cheaper ;)