Friday, February 04, 2005

Friday reflection

Wow! What a week I've had! It's simply been one of the best so far. I've felt closer to God then I have in a long, long time! Been praying for a lot of "divine appointments" ie chances to talk to people about God and faith etc, and amazingly this week I've had one of these, EVERY SINGLE DAY! God is good!

I was most inspired by an old lady I met in Crystal Palace on Thursday, who was preaching (shouting) the gospel to passing cars and people. Yes I know that sounds slightly weird! I thought so too! I went up to her and we got talking and I actually left really encouraged. Not neccessarily by what she was doing but by her awesome testimony.

She'd had meningitis and was on death's door, until she gave her heart to the Lord and said that if he healed her, she would give her life to him! He did, and that's why she's going about proclaiming God's love! Now that spoke to me in a very powerful way!

For once I've been really disciplined with my prayer life and bible study this week, and have found it really helpful. God has spoken to me in a number of different ways. I've written a lot of the stuff down which really challenged me. The words that keep on coming to me in particular are as follows:
"Teach, preach and go and make disciples".

Man what a challenge! I'm constantly asking God to reveal his will for my life. I believe he is starting to answer.....

1 comment:

Joel said...

wow that wos an awesome week - God is good.